[Moin-user] How to import existing Moin content into new Moin server?

andy thomas andy at time-domain.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 06:30:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 13:41 +0100, andy thomas wrote:
>> I am completely new to MoinMoin but I have been given the task of setting up a
>> new MoinMoin wiki using content from an existing MoinMoin server.
>
> Find out the moin version running on the existing server, see page
> SystemInfo.
>
>> succeeded in getting MoinMoin 1.92 up & running
>
> 1.9.3 is the current version.
>
>> The archive contains a series of directories under which there are
>> subdirectories named 'cache' and 'revisions' plus two files called 'current'
>> and 'edit-log'.
>
> Structurally, this sounds correct. But you need to find out from which
> moin version that is, because it might need the data migration
> procedure.
>
> See also docs/* in the moin download archive.
>
>> I've moved these into ../data/pages as I gues this is the right
>> place for them but I can only access folders like 'Recent Changes', 'Find
>> Page', etc and not the ones I have added from the archive.
>
> You also should check owner/group/permissions. The running moin process
> needs rw (rwx) on the data files (dirs).

Thanks for your quick response - I have just found out that the pages came
from a version 1.7.0_1 MoinMoin server. The pages are already owned by
user 'www' and group 'www' (which is what the webserver is running as) and
the permissions are 775 for the directories and 664 for the files.

I will have a look at the docs next and see if I can find anything about
migration there.

Thanks,

Andy