[Moin-user] How to import existing Moin content into new Moin server?

andy thomas andy at time-domain.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 08:41:39 EDT 2010

I am completely new to MoinMoin but I have been given the task of setting up a
new MoinMoin wiki using content from an existing MoinMoin server. I've
succeeded in getting MoinMoin 1.92 up & running on a FreeBSD system using
lighttpd and the fastCGI server and I've been sent a tar archive from the old
server of the existing MoinMoin content to be served but I can't get the wiki
to display this content.

The archive contains a series of directories under which there are
subdirectories named 'cache' and 'revisions' plus two files called 'current'
and 'edit-log'. I've moved these into ../data/pages as I gues this is the right
place for them but I can only access folders like 'Recent Changes', 'Find
Page', etc and not the ones I have added from the archive.

What do I need to do it get these additional pages to show?

Andy