[Moin-user] Can one set the creation and modify dates of an article?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Feb 10 17:32:01 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:37:56AM -0700, Gnarlodious wrote:
> Persistent cuss, ain't you?

Yes!  :-)

> Here is what to do:
>
> 1) Learn programming. Open the Terminal application

I've been programming, as my job, since around 1971.

> 2) Type "python" (minus the quotes) and press return key
>
> 3) Select&drag&drop or, copy&paste these commands into Terminal:
> import time
> timeString='2010-02-10 04:40:30'
> int(time.mktime(time.strptime(timeString,'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')))
>
> the resulting number will be the UNIX timestamp for the timeString
> variable, in this case 1265802030
>
> 4) Open your FTP app and navigate to your server's dynamic pages folder.
>
> 5) Open the relevant edit-log file and where it says:
>
> 1264823835000000	00000002	SAVE	Computer(2f)Shell(2f)ExifTool
>
> paste the Unix number into the first field overwriting the long number
>
> 6) Save that file and load the page to see if it works

Absolutely fine for a one off, I want to do it for dozens of pages.
Basically I want to set the 'created' time for every page I enter to
something other than 'now' so that the pages will end up in a sensible
sequence reflecting the events I am (now) recording.

--
Chris Green