[Moin-user] beginner questions

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 10:55:51 EDT 2010

Yes, it is supposed to be simple.  Part of the problem is you have to leave the page to complete the steps.

>From the languageSetup page, click the Login link.  From the Login page, click the "you can create one now" link to create a new login ID.

Once you have a login id, then you can use that ID in the superuser line.  For a personal desktop edition wiki, you add the superuser line to the ./wikiconfig.py file (as you have already done).

Restart the server and return to the LanguageSetup page.  Login with your superuser ID and proceed with the language setup.

I think the "desktop edition" is intended for a single wiki rather than a farm.  Maybe someone else can correct me or provide additional help.

Roger Haase