[Moin-user] (ab)Using Admonitions to implement sidebar

David Cramer dcramer at motive.com
Mon Mar 23 17:23:08 EDT 2009

I wouldn't call that abusing. My sense is that that markup was intended
to be extensible. I've often thought that it could be used to enrich the
semantics in other places as well and so improve the DocBook output:

{{{#!wiki procedure
'''To do this that and the other thing'''
 1. Do this.
 2. Do that.
 3. Do the other thing.
}}}

Which when rendered as DocBook would become:

<procedure>
 <title>To do this that and the other thing</title>
</procedure>

Then you might also have a ListProcedures macro that lists all the
procedures (filterable in various ways) in the wiki. Your sidebar would
turn into a <sidebar> element in DocBook :-)

It would be nice if there were some way to add things that become
attributes in the DocBook output, but I suspect that would go too far
beyond what wiki markup is intended to be.

David