[Moin-user] Issue with SSPI auth

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Mar 17 14:20:47 EDT 2009

> I probably missed that because I skipped 1.8.0. and went from 1.7.x to 1.8.1.

Skipping some releases is no problem.

BUT: you need to go through the docs for all versions (in order), at
least for the HINT stuff or you'll miss some important upgrading hints.

> I simply don't have the time do upgrade to every new release, so I
> skip some of them.

Sure, no problem. Maybe do not skip years of releases or you likely will
also have a long time to work on upgrading your stuff from 1.8 to 2.9).

> For future upgrade would it be possible to have a script that parses
> your wikiconfig.py and points out possible issues or marks up sections
> that need to be touched?

Well, problem is that we don't have too many developers, thus we
concentrate on the important core stuff.

Also, moin configs can be very complex (depending on what you do, you
have the full power of Python available), so having a script
"understand" everything in there would be at least kind of expensive
luxury (expensive in respect of developer time needed for that), if not
impossible (for the general case).

> Also, I had a little bit of a hard time to figure out how exactly to
> setup the logging stuff. This also seems to need more documentation.
> How about putting some (commented out) example code into the default
> moin.wsgi file?

What's missing? See lines 35..40:

http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/file/1b3b177719ee/wiki/server/moin.wsgi

See also this file and the link at the very end of it:

http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/file/1b3b177719ee/wiki/config/logging/README

> BTW: If you search for moinmoin in Google (at least here in Germany)
> you'll always end up with the old moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de address
> instead of moinmo.in.

Yeah, known problem. I'll fix it soon.