[Moin-user] Editor confused

Mail@Heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Wed Mar 11 13:30:44 EDT 2009

hi

kai at aplteam.com schrieb:
> I was interested in copying a piece of CSS from the source of a page
> which got deleted in the meantime. For that reason I ...
css - is normally not editable within wiki??!?!?!?!, but well you maybe
use this just for an example...

> * displayed the page
> * clicked "Info"
> * Selected the proper (old) version
> * Clicked "Edit Text"
>
> But the editor does not show the selected version, is shows the most recent one.

you have first to revert the old version and then you can edit....
editing directly an old version would give you a very "complicated"
version history :-)

> Now you can argue how much sense it makes to edit an old version. In
> fact it should not be possible to change an old version.
>
> I am also aware that I can solve my task witht the "Raw Text" command.
or use the diff's to see the changes

> All the same, it is confusing and seems wrong.
>
> A better solution instantly came to my mind: with JavaScript enabled,
> the button "Edit Text" should get inactive.
JavaScript is a "pain in the ass". What's happen if the users browser is
not support javascript or he has disabled it because of e.g. security
reason..

bye
Marcel