[Moin-user] automatism for names of generated pages

Mail@Heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Mon Mar 9 18:29:59 EDT 2009

hi

>>> I doubt a sequence can be done with what Moin provides so far. Am I
>>> right?
>> Yes, we don't provide counters.
>>
>>> Do I have to customize this  macro? (I doubt I can achieve that :-( )
>> Looks like. Heads up, Python is easy. :)
>>

> Major problem is Moin and how its different parts works...

hmm. I'm a python newbee but if you would need to change something for
creating pages (e.g. macro NewPage). I would start to look into the
MoinMoin Source under "macro". then I would find a NewPage.py [1] file
and would copy this file into my own plugin dir and start to hack this
file...so I can use some date/random numbers for pagenames, etcetera...

it also looks that you're from a german speaking country... so maybe
read the guide about moinmoin api [2] and start to write your own code.
reading macros from other contributers helped me a lot to - at least -
get some understanding what's going on.. writing own macro without
copy/paste is a bit harder for a non-geek but also possible.

bye
marcel

[1]
http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.8/file/716dcfb00e8e/MoinMoin/macro/NewPage.py#l77