[Moin-user] Import Mails without Need for a Wiki-User

Mela Eckenfels mela at darkover.inka.de
Thu Jan 29 09:06:23 EST 2009

Hello Reimar,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:06:16AM +0100, R.Bauer wrote:
> you can create a user which isn't a normal user e.g. "mailimport" user
> and set acl rights write only for this user on the page you want to
> import mails.
> Enabling xmlrpc and not protecting your wiki for anonymous attacks by
> xmlrpc isn't a good idea.

You are obvisiously right, and I have to confess I'm counting on
security by obscurity.

Patching out the need for a wiki-user was mostly easy, even for a
writer without python skills ;-)
Patching in a specific mailimport user ... frankly I have no idea how
this can be done.

Any suggestions?

Mela

--
Mela Eckenfels - Freie Autorin - Mörscher Straße 8 - 76185 Karlsruhe
eMail: mela at eckenfels.net - Web: http://mela.eckenfels.net/