[Moin-user] Moin standalone and IPv6?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Jan 2 11:53:08 EST 2009

> I'm having a bit of trouble getting the standalone server to run on
> IPv6. It doesn't seem to listen on IPv6 addresses, just IPv4.

I have no idea whether we support IPv6.

That probably means that we don't. :)

If you would like to help supporting IPv6, I suggest you use a current
moin 1.9 repo clone for testing. The server / IP lowlevel stuff will
change fundamentally in 1.9.

For 1.8.x and before, we used specialized code for all sorts of servers
(cgi, fastcgi, standalone, etc.).

In 1.9, it will all be based on WSGI (and we should make sure that THAT
works with IPv6, if possible).

As WSGI is a bit more recent than the old stdlib server code we used
before, I guess chances for IPv6 are better also.

In case you urgently need moin + IPv6 for production, maybe use some
WSGI server (maybe apache2 + mod_wsgi) with moin 1.8.1 - I guess that
would work.