[Moin-user] playing with moin 1.9.0beta1

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:02:34 EST 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 4:52 PM, "Mail at Heavy.ch" <mail at heavy.ch> wrote:

> Rick Vanderveer schrieb:
>> I decided to toy around with the new beta that was posted the other
>> day
>> on my Moin test server.  I've already switched to Apache & mod_wsgi
>> for
>> moin 1.8.  I replaced the moin.wsgi from 1.8 with the new one from
>> 1.9beta.  However, when I try to hit the main page, I get a "500
>> Internal Server Error".  Below is the output of the Apache
>> error.log...
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> Hi there
>
> I was curious about windows, apache and mod_wsgi. So I used my lovely
> game pc with vista (eek) to install apache, wsgi, python and the
> current
> beta version.
>
> In my humble eyes everything worked fine and I have a running
> moinmoin.
> see maybe my installation documentation here:
>
> http://wikiwiki.ch/MoinMoin%201.9.0%20Beta
>
> maybe it helps....
>
> bye
> Marcel

Huh, that's interesting. I was assuming at this point that it was some
incompatible Windows code or something.

I can go back and try a "from scratch" install, and see if I can get
it working as a baseline comparison.  What I was doing was mirroring
my running production install (making sure everything is running
perfectly), and then attempting to upgrade.

I still want to get the upgrade process nailed down and working, as
that's what I'll [and many others] be doing eventually on my
production box.

-Rick