[Moin-user] Xapian not indexing wiki page contents on 64-bit machines?

Eric Johnson eric at tibco.com
Tue Feb 3 13:02:08 EST 2009

Hi Mela,

Mela Eckenfels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 08:58:24AM -0800, Eric Johnson wrote:
>
>> If I've got the Xapian indexing turned on, a full text search results
>> doesn't show the pages that include words, it just shows attachments
>> that include the word in question.
>>

> I had this problem a two or three weeks ago. After a xapian update
> everything is back to normal. So check your xapian installation.

Excellent that I'm not the only one seeing this.
> Here: xapian-core 1.0.10
> and xapian-bindings-1.0.6_1

Here's my problem - I tried both:
 * xapian-1.0.10 with xapian-bindings-1.0.10
 * xapian-1.0.6 with xapian-bindings-1.0.6

So I'm pretty certain that just an update won't fix my problem.  I'll
try the combination of xapian-1.0.10 and xapian-bindings-1.0.6, but I'm
doubtful.

What distribution of xapian are you using the version # for
xapian-bindings "1.0.6_1" may indicate that someone provided a patch
along the way to make it work.  Perhaps I need that patch that is the
delta between 1.0.6 and 1.0.6_1?

-Eric.