[Moin-user] Force edit comments?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 10:15:58 EDT 2009

> I see Thomas' point, as to why not to have comments forced on users.
>
> However, I could imagine having an option that will pop up an alert to
> confirm that I really meant to leave it blank.  There are times when I
> simply forget to state something.

OK, that usecase makes sense.

But there is still a problem with this: sometimes you have to mass edit
stuff manually (and you do not want to enter a comment for every edit).

If such a "notify about empty comment" option is enabled, it would
require 1 click more per page save (and for mass edits, that would be an
annoyance as it just means significantly more work and time).

So it looks like that we need a global config setting AND some user
profile setting.