[Moin-user] Categories

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:54:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Kai Jaeger <kai at aplteam.com> wrote:
> Anyway, there is one feature in the GUI editor which I would very
> mnuch appreciate in the text editor, and it has nothing to do with GUI
> anyway: the combo box with the list of categories one can select from.

Wikis traditionally don't deal well with metadata like categories,
which just sticks out all the more in the case of a wiki like moin
that supports multiple syntaxes and editors.

I'd be really happy with a moin that took metadata out of the text
area and provided separate fields for it, especially if internal APIs
were provided for extensions to make effective use of the information
as well.

I can't really complain, though, since wikis are generally a "good
enough" solution.  If the status quo really weren't good enough, I'd
find an open source wiki and create a patch.  (No, I've not, and not
for lack of a moin to work with!)

  -Fred