[Moin-user] Advice on page structure

Mail@Heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Sun Apr 5 14:43:54 EDT 2009

Christopher MacMinn schrieb:
> Hi everyone -
>
> I'm trying to create a page that includes a list of people, with each
> entry containing a paragraph of text and a right-aligned photo (see,
> e.g., here:  http://almlab.mit.edu/ALM/Lab_Members/Lab_Members.html).
>
> I can't figure out how to do this with MoinMoin syntax... I realize that
> the wiki syntax is really for page content more than structure, but this
> is a pretty simple page structure.  Any suggestions?  Should I give up
> and use a block of HTML?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best, Chris MacMinn

yes with the moinmoin engine this is possible, but the moinmoin wiki
syntax is not "about" layout, so you have to modify the css by yourself.
(an example of customized themes are here: http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket)

future ideas: it would be possible that you can create only the
userhompages and then with some include macro generate automatically a
main/overview page.

1. EXAMPLE WIKIPAGE:

= Lab Members =
== Lastname Surname ==
[[LastnameSurname|{{attachment:image.png||class=photo right}}]]
Text Text Text

[[LastNameSurname|Read more...]]

------

== Lastname Surname ==
[[LastnameSurname|{{attachment:image.png||class=photo right}}]]
Text Text Text

[[LastNameSurname|Read more...]]

------

2. EXAMPLE CSS
and into your css (e.g. common.css) you can add those:

.photo {
	border:5px solid gray;
	margin:10px;
	width:250px;