[Moin-user] url parsing strangeness, need to click twice on urls with Apache mod_python?

George Oliver georgeolivergo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 16:18:12 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm getting some strangeness with our wiki on Apache. What happens is I need to click twice on a link to go to that link's page. When you click once on a link, the page reloads and then you get links that look like this:

http://matingball.com/matingballwiki//CategoryMuds/CategoryMuds

Here are the Apache directives:

DocumentRoot "/home/matingball/www"
ServerName matingball.com
#ScriptAlias /matingballwiki "/home/matingball/www/matingballwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"
<Location /matingballwiki>
    SetHandler python-program
    # Add the path of your wiki directory
    PythonPath "['/home/matingball/www/matingballwiki'] + sys.path"
    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
</Location>
<Directory "/home/matingball/www">
allow from all
Options +Indexes
</Directory>
Alias /wiki "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"

I found a similar problem described here:

http://osdir.com/ml/web.wiki.moin.general/2005-12/msg00074.html

http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs/ClickTwiceFirstLink

However I wasn't able to get a solution with my interpretation of those methods (and we'd like to use mod_python still). Anyone have some ideas?

thanks, George