[Moin-user] Upgrade to 1.6 A Painful Failure

Malte Helmert helmert at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 13 17:42:21 EDT 2008

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     >> If you install the ChatZilla extension, yes, it does.
>
>     Paul> But AIUI it doesn't use HTTP, so if you are behind a firewall you
>     Paul> may not be able to get IRC even via ChatZilla.
>
> Sure, if the irc port is blocked you'd be hosed.

There are a number of web-based IRC clients which can be used if the IRC
port is blocked. Googling for irc web client (no quotes) will find some
options. I've tried one of them once with success, but can't remember
which one. It's much more basic than a decent IRC client, but it's
better than getting no access at all.

Malte