[Moin-user] Tracebacks for exceptions in macros

Jason Petsod jason at petsod.org
Thu Jul 17 10:25:34 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to write a couple macros and actions on MM 1.7 and would like to
enable tracebacks to see how badly I screw up. So I uncommented the
following line in my moin.fcgi but I don't seem to get tracebacks whenever
my macro breaks and raises an exception.
----
os.environ['MOIN_DEBUG'] = '1'
----

I've also explicitly enabled "show_traceback" in my wikiconfig.py.

As an example, I've written a macro that will always raise an exception:
----
elysium /var/www/wikitest.quadco.net/data/plugin/macro $ cat BrokenMacro.py
def macro_BrokenMacro(macro):
    raise Exception("foo")
----

See http://wikitest.quadco.net/BrokenMacro for an example. I would expect to
see some sort of traceback of "Exception: foo".

If it matters, I'm running lighttpd 1.5.18.

Thanks,
-Jason