[Moin-user] How about a common.css file?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Jan 24 05:24:58 EST 2008

> According to my opinion the moderne theme needs more some "Lift up" for
> to be more attractive and not only "practically".

Right. And somebody doing it.

> You may could use a css framework like yaml,

We thought about this about half a year ago (a SOC student was doing
some genshi-based theming work [he did not complete]). I also heard some
talk about YAML and it sounded really good.

BUT: the YAML license (CC-A 2.0) is not GPL compatible (it REQUIRES you
to set a backlink to yaml.de), which spoils it completely for bundling
with moin as default theme (and as far as I am concerned, this is the
only thing that would be interesting for me).

To make it clear: that backlink and giving him credit is not a real
problem, we could just include it in the default theme, but the
REQUIREMENT to have that backlink on any site using YAML-based stuff is
the problem. And having such requirements is for sure not GPL
compatible.

I talked to the YAML author about this stuff (and also wrote him a
longer mail about GPL, dual licensing, etc.). He seemed to be a very
helpful guy, but it looks like he did not want to distribute YAML under
GPL for usage by software that is under GPL (or he did not want to
change licensing again / add another license).

Well, maybe it would help if some more people discuss that with him. :)