[Moin-user] iis + isapi_wsgi + moin, circular reference?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 08:03:58 EST 2008

Hi John,

> I can get things to work standalone but would like to work with wsgi.

Thanks for doing pioneering work for IIS / wsgi. :)

>   File "E:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request\request_wsgi.py",
> line 38, in __init__

That is within the exception handler there.

>   File "E:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request\__init__.py",
> line 1452, in fail
> AttributeError: 'Request' object has no attribute 'sent_headers'

This is because the exception (see above) happenened before the
RequestBase.__init__() was called. Not good.

To get more information about this, you need to change
MoinMoin/request/request_wsgi.py:

After line 37 change it like you see here:

        except Exception, err:
            logging.exception("An exception has occurred:")
            self.fail(err)

After doing this change, reboot your machine and retry.
You should have the real cause of the problem now in your logs,
please post the traceback you see there.

See also logging configuration in moin.wsgi to find out more about
moin's logging.

Cheers,

Thomas