[Moin-user] List spamminess (was Re: Do we like the same books?)

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 15:44:47 EDT 2007

On 28 Sep 2007, at 18:58, Paul Moore wrote:
> As others have said, the spam level in this list is far more than any
> other technical list I subscribe to.

And thats the bit that concerns me - I have reasonably good server and
client side filtering (although this stuff does get through more often
than it should because its effectively been trusted by the list MLM).

However spam coming through the list means that the archives and the
whole list reputation are polluted. Like graffiti on a house, it makes a
statement (possibly incorrect, but one thats taken as a first
impression) of the occupants.

     Nigel.