[Moin-user] captcha system for moin?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 24 09:11:43 EDT 2007

    Sean> The spam bots have gotten quite good at creating accounts for moin
    Sean> systems, and recently have seemed to be about a day ahead of the
    Sean> anti spam system.  I'm curious if anyone has put together a
    Sean> captcha system for moin to reduce the number of bots generating
    Sean> accounts in the first place?

I'm not aware of anything.  On a related topic though, Martin v. Loewis
implemented a simple scheme for Python's Roundup bug tracker where edits
were rejected if the time between when the userid was created and it was
used to create a page was too small (I think the threshold was four seconds
or something on that order).  That might be something you could implement
easily for Moin.

Skip