[Moin-user] Force "get" action instead of "view" action in a link?

Martin Spacek moin at mspacek.mm.st
Tue Oct 16 23:12:19 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm running the latest 1.6 revision (see http://swindale.ecc.ubc.ca). I
just updated from a previous revision several weeks old, and I've
noticed that links to non-image attachments (say, pdfs) now take you to
the attachment page where the browser tries to display them (say using
Acrobat's pdf plugin). This is because links like this:

now default to the "view" action instead of the "get" action like they
used to.

Is there any way to force a "get" instead of a "view" in the link? I
want a link that will begin downloading the file straight away, instead
of forwarding to the attachment page and attempting to display it in the
browser.

The use case is for someone like me who hates the acrobat pdf plugin,
and doesn't want to have to click twice (once to get to the attachment
page, and again to click the "Download" link) to download the file.

Thanks!

Martin