[Moin-user] DOS attack vunerability

Tyler Oderkirk tyle.roderkirk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:42:22 EDT 2007

On 9/30/07, Preben Randhol <randhol+moinmoin at pvv.org> wrote:
> I just noticed that if I direct my web-browser to localhost:2426 (port
> of the moin process) and then press stop, then the moin.fcg process
> starts eating CPU and goes to 94-99% CPU usage.

Hi Preben,

Can you tell us more about your platform? OS/Memory/etc.

A few more questions: What was the content of the page that you
aborted while loading? What's your browser? Can you put together a
scenario/script that someone can run to reproduce this?

On Linux, the strace tool might tell you what the Python interpreter
is so busy with.

If you're using Windows, Process Explorer might help you figure this
out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthreads/processexplorer.mspx

-Tyler

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job."