[Moin-user] wiki syntax

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 00:28:06 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 23:36 -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> I'd like to reference /non-wiki/doc.html within a wiki
> page. Presently the domain is a "staging" one, so
> [http://staging.domain.com/non-wiki/doc.html doc]
> is not a good option, all the wiki pages will need
> changing when it goes to production.

The best way that I can think of to achieve this is to use URLs that you
plan to use in the future, and then use webserver (Apache?) rewriting
rules to redirect the client to the staging server.  For instance, in
Apache, you could have a rule like:

   Redirect /documents/ http://staging.domain.com/non-wiki/

The above would cause all client requests for this URL in the wiki:
http://domain.com/documents/doc.html to be redirected to
http://staging.domain.com/non-wiki/doc.html.  Once you move the "staged"
html files to the main server you would need to remove/modify the apache
rule.

Hth,

-Jim P.