[Moin-user] Can't set ACL even though I'm the wiki admin?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Fri Mar 9 10:08:55 EST 2007

Hi folks.  Please CC me directly on replies, since I'm not on this list...

I'm the admin for a public MoinMoin wiki, and I'm trying to make
my wiki's front page read-only to all except trusted users (it gets spammed a
lot even with the antispam subsystem).

In my config, I have this:

    allowed_actions = ['DeletePage', 'RenamePage']

    # Enable acl (0 to disable)
    acl_enabled = 1

    acl_rights_before = u'MyAdminUserName:read,write,delete,revert,admin'

    # Link spam protection for public wikis (Uncomment to enable)
    # Needs a reliable internet connection.
    from MoinMoin.util.antispam import SecurityPolicy

When I log in as MyAdminUserName and try to edit the FrontPage and add an acl
like this:
  #acl Trusted:read,write,revert All:read
I get this error:
  You can't change ACLs on this page since you have no admin rights on it!

I'm the wiki admin so I should be able to do whatever I need.
How do I get ACL rights for this page (or any page)?  Where else should I look
for whatever is denying me the admin right?  I read through
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAccessControlLists and it seems like I'm
doing things right...

I don't have any Groups defined.

Thanks very much for any help;