[Moin-user] transfer acl from categories? (was inherit acls?)

THURNER rupert thurner.rupert at redleo.org
Mon Jul 30 07:31:22 EDT 2007

we handle "inherit acl" with group templates ... which is not inheriting but
"copy". see also:
 * http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/SubPageInheritsAcl
 * http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnTemplates
 * http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAutoAdmin
 *
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/TransferAclFromTemplatePage

with 1.6, copy page will allow to create a page with the acl, even if you
have not admin right to set the acl.

but we are missing depsperately:
 * display only my groups templates, not other group templates
    this leads to overflow of template selection.
 * transfer the acl from categories, which would
    allow have access control defined by categories

inherit the category templates acl would mean:
 * introduce a "transfer_acl=true"
 * if this is set, copy all the categories acl into the page
 * if a categories acl is changed, this is copied
   to all pages in this category
 * as this takes time, it has to made sure "restart"
   is possible in case of server crash.

rupert