[Moin-user] MoinMoin has no graphics or formatting when viewed remotely

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sat Jan 13 06:35:07 EST 2007

> After installing MM (1.5.6 I think) for my first time (Fedora4)  I find
> that MM looks different when viewed remotely. That is, MM displays in an
> unattrative format without any graphics.

This happens when the url you used as url_prefix does not work.

  The format is simplistic and
> basic. MM looks fine when viewed locally. The difference even occurs
> locally when I use different names to refer to the local computer. For
> example if I use "http://localhost/mywiki" I get the strange behavior.
> If I use "http://computers_network_name/mywiki" the pages display
> normally.

This sound a bit like you confusing url_prefix with a local filesystem
path in your moin configuration.

url_prefix must be a URL (not a FS path) and that URL must get served by
some web server (either by e.g. apache or the standalone server, if you
use that for moin).

Sometimes it is useful to look into the html code emitted by moin.
If you use firefox, just hit Ctrl-U to see the html. Then just search
for some css to see what url is used.

If you enter that url into the url line of the browser, you should see
that css file. If you get an error, the serving of your url_prefix isn't
working (either because you forgot it or because it's wrong).