[Moin-user] sharing macros among wiki's within a farm?

Rick VanDerveer rickvanderveer at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 01:46:52 EST 2007

I now have three wiki's within a farm configuration (with potential for more).  I have several macros that I'd like to share among all of them (namely the excellent [[PageComment]] and [[EventCalendar]] macros).

Is there an easy way to do this, without having to copy into each individual <wiki>/data/plugin/macro/ directories?  I assumed there was an equivalent within the underlay directory, but alas there is not.  :-)  I suppose I could always copy it into /python/Lib/site-packages/MoinMoin/macro but I don't know if that is "correct" (for correctness sake) to put 3rd-party macros there.

Thoughts?

-Rick