[Moin-user] Moin1.6a with XAPIAN (help and attachment support)

mail at heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Sun Aug 5 17:01:12 EDT 2007

Hi there

1. Xapian Search Help
a) I just installed a Test Wiki with Moin 1.6a (downloaded 04.08.07) and
tried the new XAPIAN 1.0.2 Search (installed via fedora rpm's from the
xapian site)

b) I also build the index with
moin --config-dir=/var/www/moin/config --wiki-url=Home.Heavy.ch index
build
--> and it shows up with no error messages

(Note: To get a few pages I just copied my data dir from my moin 1.5.7
(http://lotek.heavy.ch) to my new 1.6a (http://home.heavy.ch);
everything seems to work...)

c) I also changed the wikiconfig.py and yes it shows up under:

http://home.heavy.ch:8080/SystemInfo
Xapian search
        Enabled, index unavailable, last modified: N/A
Xapian Version
        1.0.2
Stemming for Xapian
        Disabled
PyStemmer Version
        PyStemmer not installed
PyStemmer stems
        NONE
Active threads
        2

d) but if I'm starting to search it changes to:
Xapian search
        Disabled

==> WHY? Are there any Configuration-Hints Online?
The HelpOnXapian is still empty :(
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnXapian

2. Attachment Support
What makes me wonder, if it would be possible to search also in
attachments (word, openoffice, xls, pdf, zip, etcetera).

I found some Information on the MoinMoin Site:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinTodo/ExtendedSearch
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinTodo/ExtendedSearch/AttachmentSearch

And also the xapian homepage:
http://www.xapian.org/features.php

But I doesn't know now, if it's scheduled for the 1.6 release. Anybody
knows?

bye
Marcel