[Moin-user] AutoAdmin feature confusion

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Mon Nov 27 11:59:58 EST 2006

> I wanted to give a defined list of users the ability to be Admins on
> their home pages.

Yeah, this is what it was made for.
> I slavishly followed the recipe here:
>
> http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAutoAdmin

Be careful, moinmaster wiki is for us preparing the moin 1.6 docs.

For moin 1.5 better use your local pages you got with moin.

> Made a new wiki
> Added from MoinMoin.util.autoadmin import SecurityPolicy
Looks like you got that right nevertheless.
> at the top of wikiconfig.py

No, you need to add it at the same place where you do your other config
settings (and indented by the same amount of spaces) or it won't work.
> Restarted the (apache cgi) server

If it is plain old & slow standard cgi (and not fastcgi, not mod_python,
not any other persistent stuff), restarting is not necessary as CGI
restarts moin anyway for each request.
> but, this didn't work, in that the user in SomeGroup cannot edit their
> own home page.
admin right is only about being able to change ACLs, it does not include
read or write (or any other) permission, so the user must have
read,write on the page by some other means.

> I am sorry to be dumb here,
I guess you just overlooked the 4 blanks in front of "from
MoinMoin....autoadmin import SecurityPolicy".

I added a hint to the moinmaster page about indentation being like the
other settings, I hope that helps.