[Moin-user] [suggest]can MoinMoin support Chinese content switch like metawiki?

Zoom.Quiet zoom.quiet at gmail.com
Wed May 24 01:32:06 EDT 2006

On 5/24/06, Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de> wrote:

> >> If you explain what exactly is missing (explain it for a non-chinese :),
> >> we maybe can help.
> OK, now we know what you want. But as I am not chinese, I have still no
> idea how to do it. :)
>
> Looks like there is some mapping table needed to translate those 4
> symbol sets into each other.
>
> If we had such a table (if that's all), we maybe could implement the
> functionality needed - we just a test page and a tester (you :) for
> checking.

of course! Ubuntu.cn team will together testing the function!
> Can you give us python data structures for doing it?

waiting... we will ask mediawiki.org and TW friend to creat the code/word map

> > so so ! we love Python, do not want usage DB;
> > so MoinMoin as great wiki engine, the mediawiki can ,why not MoinMon
> > can do it?
> Because no chinese jumped on implementing it. :) And western people
> generally have no plan about such stuff.

i understand, but the Chinese is largest group in MoinMoin user !-)
if MoinMoin can support the "Chinese encode auto switch" function,
so the people maybe not choice the  mediawiki system...

thanx for all!

"""Time is unimportant, only life important!
blogging  :  http://blog.zoomquiet.org/pyblosxom/
wiki enter:   http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/ZoomQuiet
in douban:  http://www.douban.com/people/zoomq/
"""