[Moin-user] Updates slow on internal network

Steve Zatz slzatz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 09:26:22 EST 2006

Thanks for the quick responses.

> With "update" you mean the time the SAVE takes?
Yes, the time between hitting the save button and having the edited page load.

> are you using the address from inside the LAN (192.168....)?
Should have mentioned this.  I thought if I used the LAN (192..)
address the problem would go away but it didn't.  The longer time it
takes to Save from the internal LAN is unaffected by whether I use the
internal or external address.

> Check whether DNS reverse lookups work on your LAN. Moin does this for
> logging and when it doesn't work, it needs some time to timeout.
As per Fred's question, is there a way to shut off trying to do
reverse DNS lookups?

Thanks again.