[Moin-user] Time estimations on wiki page

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Tue Jun 20 17:39:02 EDT 2006

On 20/06/2006, at 15:44, Achim Domma wrote:

> I have a project description on a wiki page and want to add
> estimations
> to some paragraphs and want to display a summary at the top (or
> bottom)
> of the page. I think about multiple [[estimation(3)]] on a page and
> [[estimation_summary]] to display the summary.
>
> I'm a python developer and I understand how to write macros, but I
> need
> some place to store the estimation data to be evaluated by
> estimation_summary.
>
> Any hint where to store this kind of data? A pointer to source code is
> also ok.

You can write a parser that collect stuff in the text and write the
total at the top/bottom. You can use SectionParser as template for
such parser.

The parser can collect the interesting text, then delegate the
parsing to the real parser of the page, e.g. wiki parser.

If you want to write the summary on the top, you will have to cache
the page output and write it only after all the page is parsed.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer