[Moin-user] Problems with bulleted lists in GUI mode

Peter Butler pbutler at iel.ie
Wed Jun 14 06:35:21 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,
	I've got a MoinMoin Wiki 1.5.3 installed on a UNIX Solaris SPARC Sun
Blade 2.8. I'm having the following problem in GUI mode an bulleted lists

In GUI Mode I paste some text from another editor ie Textpad into a Wiki
Page
For example In Textpad we have

Point 1 is that we have a problem
Point 2 is that we have a problem 2
Point 3 is that we have a problem 3

pasting it into a Wiki page gives us

Point 1 is that we have a problem Point 2 is that we have a problem 2 Point
3 is that we have a problem 3

which is fine as there no recognized [[BR]]
However then we try to make this a bulleted list starting with

* Point 1 is that we have a problem Point 2 is that we have a problem 2
Point 3 is that we have a problem 3

we then press enter at then end of the first "problem" in the text and so on
until we have

* Point 1 is that we have a problem
* Point 2 is that we have a problem 2
* Point 3 is that we have a problem 3

everything looks fine and we save the results and then we are left with

*
*
*

All the text has been wiped!

Has anybody else had this problem, is this a bug in the MoinMoin wiki?

thanks,
Peter