[Moin-user] MoinMoin as an replacement for trac

Malsky, Ken Ken.Malsky at analog.com
Wed Jan 18 09:49:01 EST 2006

Hi.

I haven't used Trac, but I just looked at it based on this thread.  It
looks like exactly the functionality that I need, as well.  I need to
set up a site with:

  (a) Standard wiki functionality
  (b) Issue tracking
  (c) Version control for files attached to wiki pages
  (d) Version control for project directories

MoinMoin obviously does (a) very well, and the MoinMoinBugs concept is
fine for (b).  However, tight integration between a wiki-based issue
manager and a good control system benefits both, and that seems like a
useful missing macro.  For isolated files relevant to a discussion,
attachments work well, but would benefit greatly from version control.
A VC system would benefit greatly wiki-based check-in notes (commit
hooks) and version tags because it allows cross-referencing of the
discussion that motivated the changes.

Trac seems to do all of this.  For a quick look, skim the following
pages:

 http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracAndVersioning
 http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracLinks
 http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracBrowser