[Moin-user] Can't upload binary files to my server

Marx, Stefan ext. MA Fa. Lynx Stefan.Marxext.MAFa.Lynx at rewe-group.com
Thu Feb 9 08:50:10 EST 2006

Hi guys,

started as a newbie with version 1.3.5 I made my first experience
with the MoinMoin wiki stuff. First steps has been done easily, all
the nifty features I need worked fine, including file upload. Great
stuff!
End of Januar I level up to the most recent version 1.5.1 and ran
in some trouble configuring file upload.
In my environment (Windows 2k Server, Python 2.4 and Apache 1.3*(?))
I spoiled my configiration in terms of http file uploading. When I
attached file they didn't showed up in the attachement directory of
that page. Unfortunatly I didn't find the bolt to tune up verbosity
of the debug level. Neither the MoinMoin stuff nor the Apache reports
errors.
Testing around I discovered that only binaries aren't send to my ser-
ver. Sending text files like *.txt or *.html works file and this file
are shown after clicking the view link in the attachment dialog. Nearly
the some configuration works for me in  Mac OS X installation with a
slightly older Python.
I tried to poke my nose in the mime file handling of some Python classes
but have to accept that my Java drilled brain didn't find code section
with relevant hints towards a correct installation/configuration.

So: Has some one of the you old hands some hints for me? Yes, I read the
manual pages on file upload more the twice. Something *very* useful
would be some pointers in the direction how to turn on debugging.

Thx a whole lot for reading and even much more for writing.

Greetings from Germany,

cu Stefan

Stefan Marx

REWE GROUP
LIKB business systems
Marx-Consulting (extern) c/o

REWE-Informations-Systeme GmbH
Humboldtstraße 140-144 - 51149 Köln

Telefon +49 (0)221 149 - 5953
Telefax +49 (0)221 149 - 97 5953
E-Mail:	Stefan.Marxext.MAFa.Lynx [at] rewe-group [dot] com
www.rewe-group.com