[Moin-user] Long documents

David Cramer david at thingbag.net
Tue Apr 18 06:47:16 EDT 2006

By putting the heading in the including page as Richard suggests (and as
is done in the example page that Nir's provides), you avoid this bug:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/TableOfContentsBrokenForIncludedPages
I've had to refrain from upgrading one of our moinmoin wikis beyond
1.2.3 because of that one because the group that uses that wiki has made
extensive use of this included pages but without putting headings in the
including page :-(

Other things to keep in mind are that you may need to educate your users
that subscribing to a page that is made up of included pages does not
subscribe them to changes in the included pages. Also take care that the
heading levels of the included pages match the level you need them to be
in the including page. There's more discussion here:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/SectionEditing

David