[Moin-user] Re: Using reStructuredText for an entire wiki

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 20:15:17 EDT 2005

On 9/10/05, Alexander Schremmer <2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de> wrote:
> Which kind of documentation/help texts are you missing? Many things apply
> to a rst-wiki as well, most markup things are just missing in ReST. And
> those missing things are described in documents that deal with ReST
> (written by other people to explain ReST), like in the primer that is in
> the help pages (search for primer).

The biggest issue isn't so much that help pages aren't available, but
that things like the edit view for a page include help text that's
syntax dependent.  I just found in the code where that text is added;
it looks like it won't be a matter of configuring an installation to
change that.  MoinMoin.PageEditor.PageEditor is a huge chunk of code
to copy for what seems like should be a simple customization, but that
looks like I'll have to do something like that.

I'm brand new to the MoinMoin code; is there a structural overview
written up somewhere?  Is this something that a plugin should be able
to handle, or some other form of extension that's already supported?

  -Fred