[Moin-user] external file link - not working in Firefox

Markus Liebelt markus.liebelt at online.de
Mon Oct 31 23:33:19 EST 2005

Hello Bill,

I had the same problem and I think, it has something to do with security. That means allowing a file link in a page provided by HTTP may be a security hole, so modern browser (Opera 7/8, Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 1.0.7) don't allow it by default.

Firefox has a way to allow it. See the messages in

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=283357&highlight=security+open+local+file

There it is explained how to allow Firefox to follow file links. Short summary:
1. You need to open about:config in the address bar of Firefox,
2. scroll down to security.checkloadurl and set it to false.

Bye
	Markus
PS: I implemented a combination of macro and action to allow just that, but the syntax for macros is so awful, that it is easier to explain how do that copy/paste to get the contents of a file link.