[Moin-user] isStandardPage() returns true on deleted pages

Gisbert Amm gia at webde.de
Tue Oct 25 01:01:15 EDT 2005

The isStandardPage() method of the PageEditor object returns "true" on
deleted pages. The reason is probably that the page directory in the
filesystem remains when a page is deleted (why?).

Is this the intended behaviour? I'd rather consider it a bug.

I want to create a page only if it doesn't exist. This is also the case
if the page has been deleted before: it is not visible from the UI any more.

When I use the exists() method of PageEditor all works like expected.
However, the docstring of the exists() method states that I should
rather use the higher level method isStandardPage().

Why does it behave different then?

Regards,
Gisbert Amm