[Moin-user] moin is working, but help needed !

dave s ubuntu at pusspaws.net
Sun Oct 9 01:18:33 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I am running ubuntu, and installed the package 'moin'. I read the howtos and
decided on the python standalone option. I have had a lot of problems with
the howto referencing files that are not on my system, I ended up doing ...

cd /usr/share/doc/moin/examples
vi moin_config.py

Changed the following ...

sitename = 'DavesWiki'
interwikiname = 'dave'
data_dir = '/home/dave/wiki/'

cp -rv /usr/share/moin/configwiki/data /home/dave/wiki
cd /home/dave
sudo chgrp root wiki

and pointing my browser to http://localhost.localdomain:80

It appears to work, but it is just so slow, I am running a PIII 700Mhz, It
takes approx 10 seconds to serve up a page. Is this normal or have I got some
configuration out of whack ?

Thanks in advance

Dave