[Moin-user] mail_sendmail and subscribing to a page with 1.5.0beta4

greg whittier gregwh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:01:02 EST 2005

I'm trying to configure email.  My configuration is as below

Python Version
    2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer,
Inc. build 1495)]
MoinMoin Version
    Release 1.5.0beta4 [Revision release]

I've set up wikiconfig.py as

    # Configure to enable subscribing to pages (disabled by default)
    # or sending forgotten passwords.
    mail_sendmail = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i"

    # SMTP server, e.g. "mail.provider.com" (None to disable mail)
    mail_smarthost = ""

    # The return address, e.g u"J<FC>rgen Wiki <noreply at mywiki.org>" [Unicode]
    mail_from = u"me at myaddress.com

    # "user pwd" if you need to use SMTP AUTH
    mail_login = ""

(By the way, the only way I figured out the right sendmail line was
grepping the source.  There's no direction in the config files that I
could see.)

When I do this, I can successfully send myself my account data, but
when I subscribe to a page, I don't get notified when there are edits.
 I look at mail.log and there didn't appear to be any activity when I
changed a page (I could see the account data being sent).

I also tried moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de and that didn't work either.  I
subscribed to WikiSandBox and made a change.  I didn't see myself in
the list of people being notified when I save the page and I didn't
get any email.  I've never tried this in previous versions, so it's
possible I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,
Greg