[Moin-user] Re: Merging wikis

Chip Seraphine chip at trdlnk.com
Fri Nov 18 11:13:01 EST 2005

>     1. If the smaller wikis are WikiOne, WikiTwo and WikiThree, is it
>        possible to easily convert all their pages into subpages (and
>        probably subsubpages) of the general intranet?

This should just be a matter of copy the page directories over with
appropriate name transformations.

>     2. Can I tweak the page creation process so that when someone creates a
>        new subpage in one of the smaller wikis, say http://www/Intranet/
>        WikiOne/NewPage, an ACL for the appropriate group is automatically
>        added:
>
>            #acl WikiOneGroup: read,write,delete,revert,admin All:

That should be a template-and-user-education problem, I'd think.  Can't
imagine how one would "force" such compliance unless there is a way to map
an ACL to a pattern of pages, i.e. completely bypass the "magic comments
in the page" method.

>     3. Is there any support for merging user profiles from one wiki into
>        another?  For example, if Clyde has profiles in the Intranet and on
>        WikiTwo and is subscribed to changes to the DesignElements page of
>        WikiTwo, it would be nice if after the merge he was automatically
>        subscribed to changes to the WikiTwo/DesignElements subpage.

That sounds like much more trouble than it's worth.  Easier to just
manually subscribe the old wiki users to a pattern that matches all the
subpages of the "old" wiki,