[Moin-user] Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to upload pages /part of pages via eMail?

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Tue Mar 1 12:09:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:41:59 +0100, Gerhard Marini wrote:

>>> .... the email is "posted" to the wiki. I......
>>
>> MoinMoin would perfectly suite that scenario. But it could not play the
>> mail processing part because it is neither a MTA nor a daemon that
>> processes mails. So you need to setup a daemon which reads the mailbox
>> and
>> injects the mails into MoinMoin via XMLRPC etc. (which is kind of
>> simple).

> Thanks for the info. MTA and Mailbox is available.
>
> However, I have no experience in setting up a daemon and injecting mails
> via XMLRPC. Do you have any links from where I can start to set-up such a
> scenario in a Windows environment?

You have to write a program which needs two interfaces: access to the
mailbox (Python has COM connectors (for Exchange) and should have modules
which parse mbox etc. files (for other unix-like mailboxes)) and an XMLRPC
connection. Establishing the latter one is very easy, see the supplied
scripts in MoinMoin/scripts/xmlrpc_tools. This can be done in Python.

Alternatively, you could write a program which just transfers one e-mail
into the wiki and is called by the mail server.

In any case, it fully depends on which mail solution you are currently
using.

Kind regards,
Alexander