[Moin-user] Failed to update MoinMoin from 1.2.3 to 1.3.1 and being disappointed :-(

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 08:02:44 EST 2005

> My current state is: I've backed up to my 1.2.3 MoinMoin version and
> will keep this as long as possible.

1.2.4 is maybe a manageable upgrade for you.

> Sorry to say, but if I don't see some real improvements (or at least
> even the intention to improve this, but even that I cannot see)

Maybe you didn't read README.migration in 1.3.3?

If you are still unhappy with that, maybe you should help to write
better documentation (or just use the usual support methods as other
people successfully do).

> If there are upgrades from "user" release versions were you are
> encourage every users to upgrade, this has to be at least a simple
> step-by-step manual or even better a wizard which is doing all the
> things for you.

As long as we support IIS, Apache1/2, fastcgi, modpy, twisted,
standalone (did I forget any?) and a setup.py with options (user home
install, root install) and different OSes like Win32,Linux,MacOs X,*BSD
there can be no "simple manual" because every server and installation is
slightly different.

There could be 2*X*Y simple manuals maybe, but we simply don't have the
resources for that.

Therefore we try to describe how it works and a server admin should be
able do the installation with that knowledge.