[Moin-user] What are the advantages of doing a "farm" vs. individual wikis

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 17:50:25 EDT 2005

I've set up MoinMoin using "farmconfig.py", as I'll be running a
couple of wikis. However, as I've come close to opening up the first
one, I've started to think that I should simply install each wiki
"standalone", rather than under farmconfig.

Basically, I'm finding that there is a lot of stuff I want to do
differently across wikis, and where I do need common files, it seems
just as easy to use symbolic links to permit access to common
directories.

Are there other benefits to using a wiki farm I should be aware of
before I change over to standalone wikis?

Thanks,
Ken