[Moin-user] MoinMoin 1.3.4 editor width

Dave Harris dpharris76 at msn.com
Sat Aug 6 14:29:26 EDT 2005

I recently upgraded my Windows XP MoinMoin from 1.2.1 to 1.3.4 (that was a big jump) and noticed a lot of differences (when did indented headlines go away??)

Here's one difference that is causing me all sorts of grief - the page editor is only 22 characters wide. Previously, the input box was the full width of the screen.

Looking at the HTML source, I see the line:

<textarea id="editor-textarea" name="savetext" lang="en" dir="ltr" rows="60">

According to my HTML reference, the cols attribute is required for <textarea>. Obviously, MoinMoin is not sending it. To confirm that, I examined PageEditor.py and found the lines:

        self.request.write(
            u'<textarea id="editor-textarea" name="savetext" lang="%(lang)s" dir="%(dir)s"'
            u' rows="%(rows)d">' % {
            'lang': lang,
            'dir': i18n.getDirection(lang),
            'rows': text_rows,
            }
            )

No "cols=" attribute there. And even if there was, I see the following commented out in user.py:

        self.edit_rows = self._cfg.edit_rows
        #self.edit_cols = 80

So, what does everyone else see when they edit a page?

Thanks,
Dave Harris