[Moin-user] Win XP / IIS - performance problems

Yigal Rachman yigal at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 24 19:39:01 EDT 2004

Hi, Folks:

I have MoinMoin up and running on Windows XP / IIS.  It works fine, but is
excruciatingly slo-o-ow.  On an idle 1 GHz PC, it takes several seconds to
render a page.  I have noticed that searches take approximately 0.1 sec to
do ( this is the time Moin posts on the page with the results).  This
suggests that, once running, MoinMoin is pretty snappy.  I suspect that the
problem lies with Windows taking forever to start python for every request,
because python is a .exe rather than a .dll.  Is there anything I can do
about this?

As always, I welcome any and all suggestions.

Yigal Rachman