[Moin-user] performance quirk in 1.2.4

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Dec 23 10:43:01 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

> delay after clicking Save Changes (after doing Edit/Preview).  I've tried
> this a number of times (on various days) and this delay is consistent.
> Typically it seems to be at least 5 seconds, but there have been occasions
> where it's gone on for much longer.

> connect(4, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(8000),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("83.137.100.43")}, 16) = 0

See my post "antispam = no horror" for details.

> I'm not sure they're related, but I suspect they are.  Since this wiki is on
> a private intranet, my first question is, how do I stop Moin from trying to
> connect to 83.137.100.43?

Put a comment sign before the "from MoinMoin.util.antispam import
SecurityPolicy" line.

>  Presumably it's trying to update the interwiki...?

No, BadContent.

> Second question, is the delay related to the connection to 83.137.100.43?

Yes, except when additionally your DNS is broken, this also causes major
delays on SAVE, because it tries to reverse-lookup editor's IP for logging.

greetings, Thomas